Favorite Places & Things
- Darwin’s Ltd Independent coffee shop with a relaxed vibe. Excellent coffee, pastries, sandwiches, random fruits and veggies. You can run there to get a quart of milk in a pinch too!
- Pinocchio’s Pizza A Harvard Square institution and hidden gem. Definitely working some sort of secret sauce over there.
- Sofra Flavorful food that is farm to table – be sure to try the chocolate explosion cookies and mini pitas.
- Full Moon Craving a foodie lunch with kids in tow? This place is 100% welcoming to the kids (kids menu and play room next to dining area) and still caters to an adult palette.
- Café Jaffa Simple, yummy and casual. Middle Eastern fare as good as you would find in Israel!
- Bristol Lounge at The Four Seasons Hotel Need this even be explained? A go-to lunch spot.
- Sweet Cupcakes Yummy goodness in every bite! They have Gluten-Free cupcakes too.
- The Paramount Fresh sandwiches, salads and burgers. The perfect stop for lunch in Beacon Hill.
- Crescent Ridge Glass bottles filled with fresh milk delivered to your door by, yes, the milkman.
- Indulge Even Willy Wonka would be surprised by the varied confections in this Newton Highlands candy shop. The proprietor, Linda, designs the most fantastic gift baskets!
- Met Back Bay Delicious food served in a great atmosphere. Perfect spot for lunch or dinner!
- American Repertory Theater Producing amazing theatre. Take in a play; you will be surprised at what Diane Paulus has done with the ART!
- Cambridge Public Library Newly renovated and gleaming with modern design while still keeping historical details -an entire floor for kids, recently released books and underground parking for just a dollar makes having to keep quiet a joy.
- The Institute of Contemporary Art Great for the entire family. Be Inspired.
- Harvard’s Museum of Natural History The perfect rainy day activity for kids.
- Club Passim Take in some live music at one of the country’s oldest folk music venues.
- Boston’s Children’s Museum Fun and educational for the whole family. Kids can perform in live theatre at Kids On Stage. Bravo!
- Core de Vie Pilates, Gyrotonics and Power Plate in a fantastic studio nestled on Charles Street.
- Saks Fifth Avenue Anita in the Fifth Avenue Club will attend to your every fashion need. Brands not typically found in Boston are available here!
- Jeanne Lee Salon Her pedicure is as good as going to a podiatrist, all in a private salon on Newbury Street.
- Serenella A beautifully edited collection of gorgeous clothes. Allow Leslee to style you…she can transform an outfit from “blah” to “ah” in a matter of minutes!
- Colonial Drug An old school store where one can find international and hard to find lotions and potions.
- Bloomingdale’s Head directly to Arlene McLeod in Personal Shopping. She will be your guide to the store and always has the most wonderful selection in her private suite.
- Memorial Drive Sunday Closings Bring out your inner cyclist or take a leisurely stroll with the entire family on Memorial Drive in Cambridge between Western Avenue and Mount Auburn Street. The closure is in effect weekly from 11:00am to 7:00pm from the final Sunday in April until the second Sunday of November.
- Harbor Islands One of the best day trips filled with exploring forts, scenic walks and only a quick boat ride from Boston. Worth feeling like a bit of a tourist for the day.
- Magic Beans Great toy selection for kids of all ages.
- Puppet Showplace Theatre One of the oldest puppet theatres in the nation — great for a rainy day!
- Belkin Lookout Farm You pick it, you eat it! Fun for the whole Family.